Translators USA Blog

Welcome to our Blog

Divorce Certificate Translation

Translators USA is happy to help with translation of all types of personal documents including Divorce Certificate. Our knowledgeable and experienced language specialists can translate in over 150 languages accurately, on-time and cost-effectively. In addition to offering the highest quality translation services at the best rates and the fastest turnaround in the industry, we are also happy to help our clients get all the necessary authentications/certifications required to have their translated documents accepted by the USCIS and other government agencies, legal entities, etc.


Divorce Certificate Vs Divorce Decree

Many people turn to us, asking whether they need Divorce Certificate or Divorce Decree translation, what is the difference, who issues which, etc. Therefore, we thought it may be worth to take a closer look at the two types of documents.

Both Divorce Certificate and Divorce Decree are official documents which confirm that the divorce or dissolution of the marriage is legally valid. The terms are often used interchangeably, however, Divorce Certificate and Divorce Decree aren't exactly the same. The latter refers to a document that is written by the court and signed by the judge, and declares the marriage dissolved but it typically also determines the terms and conditions of the divorce. Divorce Certificate, on the other hand, is an official record of the divorce. It confirms that the marriage has been dissolved by the court and contains date and place of marriage dissolution, and basic information about the former spouses.

When proof of divorce is required either to get marry or apply for visa, it is Divorce Certificate (an official copy) that is required rather than the Decree. This is because the court and USCIS are only interested in whether the marriage has legally been dissolved. But if Divorce Certificate cannot be obtained for one reason or the other, Divorce Decree can be used to prove dissolution of the marriage as well.

What About Single Status Certificate?

If you want to prove non-marital status, you may also apply for Single Status Certificate. However, this certificate can be used as proof only if you haven't been married before. If you were married but got divorced, you must submit proof of marriage dissolution – Divorce Certificate.

Having Your Divorce Certificate Translated

If your Divorce Certificate is written in a foreign language, you should have it translated into English by a certified translator who confirms with a statement that the translation is accurate and that they are competent to translate. If it isn't a certified translation, it will be rejected by both the court and USCIS because all government agencies, legal institutions and many other bodies in the United States recognize as valid only certified translations.

Need to Have Your Divorce Certificate Apostilled? Translators USA Offers Apostille Services As Well

In addition to providing certified translation services for all types of personal documents, Translators USA also offers assistance in obtaining an Apostille which is sometimes required to get a document issued in one country recognized in another.

If you have any questions or need additional information, we are available 7 days a week. You can contact us through our website or by phone on the number 888-790-8872.

Diploma Translation - Having Your Education Recogn...
Editing and Proofreading – Integral Part of Transl...

Related Posts



No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment
Already Registered? Login Here
Wednesday, 17 January 2018
If you'd like to register, please fill in the username, password and name fields.

Captcha Image