Translators USA Blog

Welcome to our Blog

Certified and Notarized Translations Not the Same

Translations done by Translators USA language specialists are both certified and notarized. Therefore, our clients can have the peace of mind that their translations will be accepted by both governmental and non-governmental institutions. But we also must note that many people who turn to us do so only after they are called to submit certified translations in order to receive a response to their application, thereby losing a lot of time, especially when dealing with U.S. government agencies which may need up to six months to reply in the first place. In most cases, it's because they have submitted notarized instead of certified translation.


What's the Difference Anyway?

Many people who turn to us think that certified and notarized translations are the same. But they are not. On the contrary, there is a huge difference between the two.

Just because the translation is notarized that doesn't necessarily mean it is accurate. What many people fail to realize is that the notary's stamp has nothing to do with translation's accuracy. What is does is confirm that the signatures on the document are authentic.

Certified translation is what most government agencies and many non-governmental institutions are looking for because unlike its notarized counterpart, it does prove that the translation is 100% accurate. It doesn't not include a stamp like this would be perhaps expected but solely a translator's statement in which they guarantee translation's accuracy and their competence for providing translation for the language pair in question.

Certified but Not Notarized Translation - Yes, Vice Versa - No

While many people who seek our help are upset because their translated documents weren't accepted even though they were notarized, those who had translation done by a certified translator but didn't have it notarized got through without any problems. This is because most U.S. government agencies require “only” certified translation. Notarization, on the other hand, usually isn't required.

When You Need a Certified Translation?

When dealing with U.S. government agencies, you will almost always need to provide certified translation for all documents that aren't written in English language. This also includes birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, academic transcripts, etc. Please note, that certified translation is also required by a growing number of educational institutions, non-governmental organizations and employers too. If you're not sure, be sure to ask or just in case, have your documents translated by a certified translator to avoid unnecessary loss of time (and money!).

Translations Done by Translators USA Language Specialists Always Accepted by Both Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations

Entrust translation of your documents to Translators USA language specialists and avoid losing your precious time and money. All translations done by our translators are always accepted by both governmental and non-governmental organizations because they are not only certified but just in case, notarized as well (for no additional cost). Our language specialists are available 365 days a year and provide certified translations for all types of personal documents. You can reach us on the phone number 888-790-8872 or through our website.

Buying Interpreting Equipment – The Technical Aspe...
Certified Translation Services

Related Posts



No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment
Already Registered? Login Here
Wednesday, 17 January 2018
If you'd like to register, please fill in the username, password and name fields.

Captcha Image