We at Translators USA are very proud to work with language specialists who can translate even the most complex documents such as patents. Considered to be among the most challenging documents to translate, patents don't only use a highly specialized technical terminology but they also tend to have their "own language" with its own rules and grammar. And if that wouldn't be challenging enough, there is typically also a lot of legal terminology.
When it comes to patents translation, there mustn't be even a slightest error. While a misspelling or typo in most other types of translation usually doesn't have any major consequences other than the annoyance of having the translation corrected or done again, an error in patents translation can result in a very expensive legal action. Therefore, patents should be translated only by language specialists who have:
- Thorough knowledge of both technical and legal terminology that appears in the patent. As mentioned earlier, patents involve the use of a highly specialized technical and legal terminology that must be translated in a way to meet both technical and legal requirements while retaining the original meaning. In addition to having a thorough knowledge of technical and legal terminology used in patents in general, however, it is also crucial for the translator to have in-depth knowledge of the subject of patent in question.
- Experience in translating patents. Technical and legal terminology isn't the only challenge of patents translation. Patents also use a highly specialized language and grammar which don't exactly follow the rules of that used in everyday life. Furthermore, there are very strict rules about which words/expressions are to be used in particular contexts. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the translator to be familiar with these "rules".
Expertise and Experience You Can Trust
Translators USA has been providing translation services including patents translation for almost two decades. During these two decades, we have created a worldwide database of language specialists who have expertise and experience you can rely on. In addition to giving us access to highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced translators who know all the pitfalls of patents translation and how to avoid them, our worldwide database of language specialists (over 9,000 in total) also enables us to:
- Guarantee fast turnaround. The ability to draw from a worldwide database of language specialists allows us to find the most knowledgeable and experienced translator for the project in a matter of minutes. And since the translation begins almost immediately upon receiving the documents that need to be translated, our clients can expect to receive translated, edited and proofread documents within the shortest time possible.
- Handle multilingual projects. Our language specialists can translate in over 150 languages and all subjects and industries. We can thus successfully handle multilingual projects too.
- Provide translation services 7 days a week. Again, this wouldn't be possible if we didn't have a global network of language specialists who aren't only experts in their language pairs and area of specialization but are also flexible and fully committed to their work.
For more information, please call the number 888-790-8872 or contact us through our website.