Lost in Translation – Cultural Subtleties and Language Nuances
We at Translators USA are very proud to offer the highest quality translations across all fields and industries in over 150 languages. We have a worldwide database of over 9,000 translators with language proficiency, specialized subject knowledge and experience to handle both personal and business documents, and deliver both accurately and meaningfully translated documents in the shortest time possible.
To make sure that nothing gets lost in translation, we don't only work with the greatest language specialists with thorough subject knowledge and experience but we also pay a lot of attention to cultural subtleties and language nuances. Here is why:
- Accurate Doesn't Necessarily Mean Culturally Appropriate
While accuracy of translated documents is an absolute priority, 100% accuracy doesn't necessarily translate into the highest quality. This is due to the fact that while the translation may be accurate, it may not be necessarily culturally appropriate. Over time, some expressions may become obsolete, change their original meaning or simply come out of use. Furthermore, translations that don't pay attention to cultural subtleties may even be offensive.
- Literal Translation Doesn't Always Convey the Same Meaning
In addition to being accurate and culturally appropriate, high quality translation also must overcome language nuances and terms/expressions that don't exist in the target language. This means that translators often must use their own words in order for the translated document to convey the same meaning. Obviously, this requires a high level of expertise but it often also requires a highly specialized knowledge of language nuances, i.e. regional and ethnic variances to make sure that the translation is both accurate and meaningful.
How We Overcome Cultural Subtleties and Language Nuances?
We have a very simple approach to overcoming the issues of cultural subtleties and language nuances. To make sure that nothing gets lost in translation, we:
- Determine the country/region of document origin. This serves as a basis for the next step which is to browse our database of translators for a knowledgeable and experienced language specialist who is familiar with the cultural and regional subtleties of the document language.
- Determine the target country or/and culture. When translating from English into another language, we immediately start looking for translators who are based in a particular country. Why? Because a translator who is native speaker but is living outside the target country for a longer period of time may not be familiar with up-to-date and culturally appropriate expressions.
- No matter if translating to English or from English into another language, we always make sure to entrust translation to a language specialist who has in-depth knowledge of the subject of translation and has the skills needed and experience to meet even the shortest deadlines without sacrificing the quality.
The Highest Quality Translation Services 7 Days a Week and the Best Rates in the Industry
Translators USA offers a wide range of translation services to both businesses and individuals alike. We guarantee accurate and meaningful translations but we also guarantee the fastest turnaround and the best rates in the industry. So if you need a translation to or from English, don't hesitate to contact us. We are available 7 days a week!